Part-time Local Government Research Internship: 10 to 15 hours/week, in downtown Chicago
This internship is an opportunity for a graduate-level student of public administration, public policy, political science or finance to gain experience in the monitoring and financial analysis of local government tax policy.
Learn more about the mission and work of the Civic Federation at www.civicfed.org.
- Monitor and track local legislation by attending public meetings for various local governments and conducting some policy research;
- Prepare memos on local government public meetings for senior staff;
- Contribute to Civic Federation blog posts;
- Collect and analyze data on local government finances, as needed;
- Assist with budget analysis; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a graduate-level degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Political Science, Finance or related discipline;
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new information;
- Solid research, writing and communication skills;
- Strong interest in local government;
- Must be punctual, reliable and professional;
- Willingness to learn and contribute to other projects and organization-wide efforts; and
- Business attire.
Depending on academic requirements, compensation of $12/hour will be offered.
The internship will be three months in length from June-August 2017 with an option for an additional three month extension through November 2017.
Please submit one short document (1-2 pages), written by the candidate, which summarizes a longer document or presentation.
This position will remain open until filled. The Civic Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-mail resume, cover letter, writing sample, and three references to:
Mark W. Patoska
10 N. Dearborn Street, Suite 800
Chicago, Illinois 60602
(No phone calls please)